The best cookie recipe
There's nothing better than a cup of tea and a bicky! The love of drinking a cup of tea was introduced to me at a very young age by my cherished Nana. She taught me how to hold the cup properly, how to stir my tea without lifting the spoon off the bottom to prevent spilling, how to prepare the tea in the teapot by adding a scoop for me and a scoop for the pot, and how to brew the tea, turning the pot clockwise three times and anti-clockwise two times before letting it 'rest' (or was it clockwise two times and anti-clockwise three times????).
I've got the best cookie recipe that's perfect for lunchboxes, rainy days or to accompany your cup of tea! It's super easy - a 'one-bowl-wonder' (my favourite kind of recipe!).This is a great recipe to add whatever you like - choc chips, left-over Easter eggs, nuts, citrus zest, dried fruit... the list is only limited to what's in your pantry.
Here's what you need:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bi carb soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2/ cup MnMs or choc dots
Here's what you do:
- In a large bowl, whisk melted butter, egg and vanilla.
- Add the remaining contents and gently stir until combined (it will be crumbly).
- Roll into a log and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180. Line two trays with baking paper.
- Slice 1cm rounds off cookie dough log, place onto trays and bake for 8-10 minutes or until slightly golden.
We like to make ours about the size of a 50c piece so they fit nicely in the front corner of the Boxi Cool lunchbox. The freeze really well too, so you can make a batch for the week, freeze and grab them out of the freezer each day (if they last that long!).