School lunchbox bliss balls
Packed full of nutrients and some serious deliciousness, you’ll find yourself making a double batch of these chocolate balls to make them last longer.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons cocao powder
- 2 tablespoons flaxmeal
- 6 tablespoons hulled tahini* (from health food isle)
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- pinch of salt
- coconut for rolling (optional)
How you do it:
1. Add oats, cocao, flax and salt to blender and give it a whizz until you’re happy with the texture (we like ours pretty smooth/fine).
2. Add maple syrup, tahini and coconut oil to dry mix and blend, scraping down the sides as you go Add more coconut oil if the mixture is crumbly and not sticking together.
3. Roll into balls and drop into coconut for coating.
4. Store in an air tight container in the fridge or freezer. Add to your lunchboxes for a healthy treat. They’ll last about 4 days in the fridge but I can assure you they’ll be eaten well before then!
Try them out and let us know what you think by tagging us in your pictures on socials.
*you can swap the tahini with peanut butter or cashew butter or any other nut butter you choose. Our school is nut free so I’m the school holidays we make them with peanut butter.