A sandwich alternative that's great for lunchboxes and freezes really well.
1 small sweet potato, grated
1 zucchini, grated
4 rashes bacon, chopped
1/2 onion grated or leek, finely chopped (optional)
1 cup SR flour
1 cup cheese, grated (I leave out the cheese for dairy allergy)
1 tbs chives or other herb of choice, finely chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius
2. Whisk eggs in a bowl with a fork
3. Continue whisking while adding in flour
4. Add all vegetables, bacon, cheese, herbs and salt and pepper, mix well
5. Pour into a lined square baking tray, and bake for 40-50 minutes in oven.
6. Remove from oven, allow to cook for 5 minutes before turning out onto cooling rack. Slice as desired. Freeze once completely cool.